Wednesday 17 June 2015

Speech

This post is going to be about my speech. I decided to write it about smoking.



1. Did you know? That 5,000 people each year die from smoking?


2.Firstly, Smoking is a disgusting habit that can damage heart, lungs and brain.  It can shorten your life by 10 years or more.  Lots of smokers end up in hospital and this is not fair
on the other people who have serious injuries that might miss out on operations.


3. Secondly, people smoke for a number of reason.  Some people think it looks cool and fun… but it’s not.  Others start because their friends or family might do it but you shouldn’t smoke like them because it’s not cool or fun.
4.Thirdly, once you start, it’s hard to stop because you can get addicted to it.  Statistics show 9 out of 10 smokers start before they are 18 and they never think they’re going to get addicted.  So the message just don’t even start.

5.So I hope you were convinced to not smoke like your parent’s  and have a smoke free life.


My Reflection
I found it hard to write a speech because there were lots things that we had to think about like the introduction, reasons and the conclueson.
My next step is to focus on my speech and get more done.

No comments: